What is Nodestack?
Parochially, I’ve included a Google Trends widget above comparing “node”, “ruby”, and “java” when searched with “mongodb”. As of this writing, “node” had just crossed “ruby”s trend line and was headed up to challenge “java”.
There are many reasons why Nodestack is emerging as a leading developer choice, including:
- a harmonious non-blocking asynchronous IO environment resulting in efficient CPU utilization
- good fitness for demanding near real-time dynamic web and mobile applications
- effortless JSON-awareness across the stack means fewer developer cycles wasted on data translation
- a well-supported package management system with growing library of components for basic and advanced needs
- a deep-bench ecosystem of infrastructure, platform and consulting services from vendors like Joyent Cloud, Nodejitsu and Clock Ltd. for even easier design, development, and production.
- mdb_v8, DTrace and flame graphs (visual temporal call graphs) on SmartOS for fast root-cause analysis / debugging.
At the Oct 17 online conference, you’ll talk with:
- Nodejitsu’s Nuno Job on “Crazy, Cool Things You can do with Node.js”
- 10gen’s Aaron Heckmann on “Node.js + MongoDB = Love” and why these technologies fit so well together.
- Joyent’s Bryan Cantrill on “Stack Foundation = SmartOS” on SmartOS’ hypervisor benefits for Nodestack including flexibility for KVM virtualization
- A panel including 10gen’s Jared Rosoff, Joyent’s Jason Hoffman, Clock Ltd’s Paul Serby and yours truly on the economic benefits of Nodestack.
So please sign up here to join us. The webcast is scheduled to start at 9am PT on Oct 17, 2012.
*If you are local in San Francisco, CA, we’re also inviting a few folks to join us as part of the studio audience. Email ben at mongolab dot com if you’re interested. See our Events page for other events.
Updated: 2012-09-28 with exact start time. Grammar fix ^less^fewer. Added link to Aaron’s preview post; mdb_v8, David Pacheo deck.
2012-10-01 fixed broken SmartOS link.