After many months of development and testing we are pleased to announce MongoLab‘s first production-ready database plans on the Windows Azure platform with immediate availability in Windows Azure’s East US and West US datacenters.
What does this new plan include?
- A three-node Replica Set cluster (two data-bearing nodes plus one arbiter node)
- Dedicated mongod processes on shared Windows Azure virtual machines
- Up to 8GB of storage
- High-availability via automatic failover in the event that the primary node fails or should become unreachable
- Integration with MongoDB Monitoring Service (MMS)
- Log file access (real-time and historical)
This is in addition to what every MongoLab user enjoys:
- Continuous monitoring, 24/7
- The ability to create backup plans (hourly/daily/weekly/monthly) and initiate one-time database snapshots
- Rich, web-based management tools
- Thoughtful, timely email support (email@example.com) from real developers
- Standard driver and REST API support